Google+ bakers and astronauts: Evidence of Play

06 June 2013

Evidence of Play

In this little corner of the farm, there are wood chips on the edge of some blackberry bushes.  Nothing too special to the naked eye, really.  But go ahead - look closer.


Untitled



Some wood chips in less-than-natural positions drew my eye in. A few standing in a row made me think that maybe someone sat for a few minutes, fiddling with some found things.




Untitled



I walked closer to get a better look and saw some serious evidence of open-ended, self-directed play.


Untitled






Untitled






Untitled



And to top off these little structures, there was some writing, asking unassuming guests not to disturb these creations, because the play isn't done.  So much more can happen!


Untitled



I promise, I won't.  But I'm looking forward to heading to the farm next Thursday and seeing what has happened to this little world under the blackberry bushes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...