Google+ bakers and astronauts: Playtime!

22 February 2009

Playtime!


It is officially the winter break, and, just two days into it, I am already satisfied. Making bread, watching Woody Allen movies, taking naps, and knowing that I do not have to wake up at 6 am on Monday morning -- all good things so far.

But thinking about education, and learning more about it, is inevitable. As soon as I switch on my computer, I'm looking for more. And, in the spirit of vacation, we should play games!

The Invention Playhouse at the Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention and Innovation is a neat spot from the Smithsonian Institute with a few interactive games.

After playing Cloud Dreamer for a little longer than I should have, I watched Does Play Matter?, a great piece on children's play and how important it is to development. This is always coming up in early childhood education, of course, but I feel like it has been really present for me lately. It may be the visit to the forest preschool that really set me off -- I'm not sure. But it really does matter, and I always love reading and seeing what other people have to say about it.

What do you have to say about play?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...