Google+ bakers and astronauts: Weekend Links

06 January 2012

Weekend Links

I somehow ended up on this page from the University of Vermont, watching/listening to a video of Barbara Burrington talking about documentation.  I have been pitying myself for a general lack of resources at my current center, and things like this help center me again: we need to remember why we teach and how we can best support children, despite the details.   [The video is about halfway down the page.]



The New York Times announced the sad passing of Simms Taback, a Caldecott winning illustrator who wrote and illustrated books that are loved by many children and teachers, myself included.  If you're not familiar with his work, take a little trip down to your library this weekend and see for yourself.  You can also sit back and enjoy Cyndi Lauper's undeniably excellent narration of There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.



Teach Preschool shared a guest post about making a light box, and the plans are affordable and doable. I am envisioning having a few small light tables in the room for different purposes: tracing, exploring colors, exploring materials...


Lastly, I've been thinking about wire, and there was a post on the subject this week at PreK+K Sharing.  I have yet to use wire (besides pipe cleaners) with children, and I'm inspired by the words and photos in that post.


Next week, I'll be sharing more about boxes as we continue to explore them in the classroom, and I'll also be over on the Turtlewings blog, sharing about light.

Happy Weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...