Google+ bakers and astronauts: Comparative Education

11 May 2010

Comparative Education

So after the questions and discussions about Montessori about a week ago, I was thrilled to learn about the course I will be taking at Erikson this summer as part of my Graduate program.

The name, "Foundations of Schooling and Curriculum", does not sound glamourous.  But the concept is exciting:  we will be learning about the history of early childhood curriculum and learning about different figures in the history of early childhood education, including Maria Montessori, Jean Piaget, Loris Malaguzzi, Carolyn Pratt, Frederich Froebel, and John Dewey.

I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to learn about how each of these people has helped to shape early childhood education, and perhaps to find the foundation of some of the things that have inspired me as a teacher.

So, apologies in advance if I nerd out about comparative education and history in the coming months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...