Google+ bakers and astronauts: Why There is Less Time to Write

07 January 2010

Why There is Less Time to Write

I have always been able to find time to write here at least once per week.  I am hoping that doesn't go down with a big change in my life - I am now a Graduate student.

I am part of the very first Online Masters of Science in Early Childhood Education at the Erikson Institute in Chicago.  I never have to set my foot in a University classroom for this degree, which I think is good and bad.  For me, I am able to get my Masters degree while still working full time.  As long as I can manage my time, I can do my work whenever I please.  But I don't think I'll be able to create the personal relationships with my professors and classmates, and I think that is an important part of making a meaningful connection to my school work.

Four days in, I think I'm going to enjoy it.  But I also want to make sure I am still here, reading and writing and sharing, because this has become an important part of my teaching and reflective practice.  I'll be back to teaching on Monday, and I'll be sure to share the children's work as we start the second half of the year.

Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7.1.10

    yay!!

    that's where i got my masters (in person, since i happen to live in chicago). :) please feel free to email me with any questions or anything about erikson (even if it's just, for example, "does anyone write that family & culture paper and come out alive?"

    congratulations and lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!

    Whatever your schedule evolves into—I look forward to reading your posts. Now that our daughter is born, almost three and a half months ago, I am more interested in and aware of all the developmental changes. I love to read about your classroom, your thoughts on teaching and how to integrate learning into all aspects of life. It is helping me and Cam formulate our "plan" for when Dara will start school. And, of course, it helps us think about the learning she does while at home with us.

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and being an inpiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7.1.10

    Oh, that sounds so exciting! I did an undergrad degree online in Learning, Technology and Research. It was absolutely amazing! Much learning, much more relevant than traditional learning!

    I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome that you have jumped back into school. Online studies can be quite challenging and time consuming but they are worth it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is wonderful news. I can't wait to read about your experiences with the legendary Erikson Institute. I do hope you'll still find time to blog now and then!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...