Google+ bakers and astronauts: University of Wisconsin Digital Collections

11 January 2010

University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
















This is a resource I can see myself using on my own and with the children in the classroom.  This is a database of beautiful images from books, designs, furniture, prints, and much more.  I have often thought about putting together books of "inspiring images" for the classroom to add to our book area, or to simply have out on a table.  With this resource, the children could be involved, in small groups, in helping to think of search terms based on our projects and inquiries, choose images, and create the book.

This also makes me think back to The Nature Lab from a few months back.  I like the Wisconsin collection, though, because you are able to look at the pieces online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...