Google+ bakers and astronauts: Indie Rock Coloring Book

14 October 2009

Indie Rock Coloring Book


I just sent this link to my my brother.

Although we don't use coloring pages in school, I can see how one might prefer this kind of coloring book to the Disney kind that is exclusively pictures of princesses in poofy dresses. Let's make room for some new subject matter!

Plus, the Yellow Bird Project is about T-shirts designed by indie rock artists, with all profits going to their chosen charity. Another good reason for a new coloring book!

1 comment:

  1. I share your aversion to coloring pages, although twice a year I draw pictures on easel paper for the kids to paint with tempura. I just finished two days of drawing jack-o-lanterns with a Sharpie -- we wound up with over 80 paintings! And then I draw dragons for Chinese New Year; those we paint with liquid watercolor.

    I like seeing how kids who are normally given very little direction on how to use art supplies respond to the implied boundaries of black lines. Some honor them, other trace over them, and some paint on the paper as if it were blank.

    I've been reading through some of your past posts. I like your blog a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...