Google+ bakers and astronauts: Where The Wild Things Are

26 March 2009

Where The Wild Things Are


Maurice Sendak reinterpreted by Spike Jonze and Dave Eggers, starring Catherine Keener, with music by Karen O. That is my kind of movie.

See the trailer here or here.

I am quite hopeful about this one -- I'll be first in line to see it in October. It is a risky move, though, taking a classic book with so little text and making it into a feature length film. At the conference I went to last weekend, the keynote speaker, Michael Rosen, mentioned Where The Wild Things Are as a book that even the youngest children can relate to. When Max wants to be where someone loves him most of all, a two-year-old can tell you that is with Mommy.

Unfortunately, I don't remember having this book as a child, but using it in my classroom has shown me the impact that it does have on young children. I had a fleeting idea of doing a monster project earlier this year because of the artwork and stories that were created on the topic. Perhaps it will come up again.

But for now, I can mark October 16th down on my calendar.

1 comment:

  1. I never really thought about this book before, connecting to children. When I think about it, that really makes sense. I will tell you it was one of my favorite as a kid--still is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...