Google+ bakers and astronauts: The Write Start

18 February 2009

The Write Start

The other PreK teacher and I met today to organize some children's writing samples and write up some ideas about how to support children as emerging writers. I want to share more about that here, but I am home without my photos and scans. There is such an array of writing that is happening in any room of fours and fives, so I'll wait until I can show you what is happening!

But for now, I want to share someone else's thoughts and ideas on writing. Over at The Write Start, there is a four part tour of an at-home writer's workshop space. There are some really lovely ideas for supporting writing.

There are so many ways to scaffold young children as they learn to read and write, and those are just a few possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous18.2.09

    We have lots of writing going on in our classroom too. I look forward to hearing more from you on this topic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...