Google+ bakers and astronauts: Sandro Asatiani

08 February 2009

Sandro Asatiani

I just read this post over at Book By Its Cover. It is always wonderful to see the books she finds for children -- there is always wonderful design and illustration in the ones she chooses.


But this book, by Sandro Asatiani is exceptionally beautiful to me. It is called Una Storia Incredible, and it is about a man and a woman who fall in love. The story and the drawings are simple and so beautiful. And I can see young children connecting to this story as well as adults - a must for books I share with children. I have one student in particular who is always writing books about people falling in love and "marrying". This book (and many of his others) have a universal, thoughtful message.

Browse Mr. Asatiani's books here and buy a few here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...