Google+ bakers and astronauts: Beatrice Alemagna

05 February 2009

Beatrice Alemagna




We have a wonderful school library, and I'd like to begin sharing some of my favorite children's books.

In English this book is called My Friend; it is by author and illustrator Beatrice Alemagna. The illustrations are textiles and stitches and buttons. It has been a nice tie in to our class talks about what we can make with fabric. We can illustrate a book!

This story follows a creature that is always being mistaken for a dog or a pigeon or a lion, and the reader never finds out if this creature is a certain animal; but it finds another special creature at the end - a friend.

Ms. Alemagna has a nice website that lists her books - I have yet to see any of her other books in English. But they are worth the search, I think. And "My Friend" is incredibly cheap on amazon.com right now...

1 comment:

  1. really cute idea for a book. just so you know, i snapped one up :)

    i owe you an email and you owe me a mailing address, miss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...