Google+ bakers and astronauts

05 January 2009

Today was our first day back from a long, restful holiday. There are two inches of snow in Brussels and it continues to fall. This is an easy transition back to teaching - there were only eight children in class today.

I hope you are continuing to visit, despite my lack of posting over the past three weeks. Now that I am physically teaching, there is a little more inspiration.

I'd like to share a quote that I wrote down before the holiday - a child asked me to draw a princess for her. I said that her drawings were her job, not mine. And another child turned and said, referring to me, "Yeah, her job is to take us on walks and to take photographs."

I'm thrilled with that description.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5.1.09

    that is a GREAT description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful job to have. Though drawing princesses would be pretty great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And isn´t that honesty so refreshing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6.1.09

    who wouldn’t want that job? :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously. I have twenty children who love to explore and have now been around the camera enough that they don't even notice it, or me for that matter. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...