Google+ bakers and astronauts: Generations at Play

20 July 2013

Generations at Play


This photo embodies one of the things I love most about Play Lab events.  Of the three Play Labs so far, only once have I seen a parent sit on the side.  Seeing children so thoroughly engaged in a creative tasks seems to draw the parents in as well, and I find myself surrounded by happy pairs at play.  The materials and prompts encourage interaction from the children, yes, but I think the adults are intrigued by the possibilities presented by the materials.  


In a world filled with toys that are meant to be used in specific ways and classrooms where specific tasks are designed to create a specific product, play is refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...