Google+ bakers and astronauts: FIG at the Whatcom Museum

09 September 2012

FIG at the Whatcom Museum

A few weeks ago, I had the chance to visit the Whatcom Museum here in Bellingham.  I brought my camera along because I wanted to get some images of the Family Interactive Gallery, or the FIG, which is open twice a week.

The space is really an interactive museum for children of all ages, with options ranging from open ended construction to more structured offerings.





























It was inspirational to see museum-based play like this.  I felt like I did when I visited Art Basics for Children last year, seeing a space that promotes exploration for all ages.  The FIG is a more traditional children's museum space compared to the ABC House, but it was wonderful to see.


Do you have a space for open-ended play where you live?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...