Google+ bakers and astronauts: Bisbee Montessori

31 July 2012

Bisbee Montessori

I just contributed to an educational project on indiegogo and I want to share in hopes that some of you might help this school come to life, also!

I have never been to Bisbee, Arizona, and I am not a Montessori teacher.  But while looking through the education projects on indiegogo (with the ulterior motive that I'm considering using it sometime in the future for a project), I came across this campaign, which includes this little video.


In our country, great early childhood programs, at least for now, need to grow like this one is trying to, with the efforts of the community.  In a small community like the one described here, a handful of contributions from outside of the local community will likely make a big difference in this group achieving their goal.  I think of myself as a member of an enormous community of child-centered early childhood educators, and with that in mind, I spent $10 to help make this little school more of a reality.  At this moment in time, there are many more things I need to spend that money on, but I just couldn't say no to a boy in a cape with a chicken, trying his best to repeat the lines for the video.

Perhaps you'll help, too!  You can learn a bit more about the school on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...