Google+ bakers and astronauts: Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary

06 March 2012

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary

I'm not good at keeping secrets, especially really exciting ones.  I'm happy to share something happy with you - it will definitely be dictating the subject matter on this blog very soon.

It has been less than a year since we returned from Belgium, but we're already on the move again.  This time, we're heading back north to Washington: to Bellingham, north of Seattle and just a bit south of the Canadian border.

And I already have work waiting for me up there: I'll be working as a Seed-to-Table Education Coordinator for Common Threads Farm.  I'll have hands-on work with their school garden collective; I'll be working to coordinate volunteers and plan fundraising; and (most importantly), I'll be up to my elbows in mud, growing food with children and harvesting it and cooking and eating with children.

So, my apologies if I'm a bit absent from this space as I finish my thesis and we move yet again.  In the meantime, you can look over at my growing pinterest board on my new work subject.

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting Allie! Connecting children to the food they eat has always been a passion of mine as well. I can't wait to hear about this new adventure of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Allie, that is so exciting! I will look forward to learning with you -my colleague Sara has long wanted a schoolyard garden, and we are finally starting one at Sabot. Once again you can lead the way into new realms. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...