Google+ bakers and astronauts: Weekend Links

02 December 2011

Weekend Links

I need to think of a reason to use this temporary tattoo printer paper.  Drawing self portraits and making them into tattoos?   Making each child's favorite sketchbook picture into a tattoo?  I see no reason not to make temporary tattoos out of everything.


On the topic of temporary tattoos, Tattly is a source for interesting temporary tattoos.  Kids love temporary tattoos (sorry for the generalization) and I'd love to see more interesting ones.  Like watches, and rainbows on skateboards!




I saw some images of the Children's Library Discovery Center in Queens, and it looks really interesting - like a hybrid of a museum and a library.  




That is definitely my style - and I'd love to see it in person.  I'll be making a subway transfer near there in a few short weeks after landing at JFK...maybe I can convince my husband to take a detour to go to a children's library?  I'll start working on that now.

And I have to share the saddest thing I have seen in an educational catalog.  I am not a fan of education catalogs - I linger over the watercolor paints and the drawing pens and the small mirrors for self-portraits and the air dry clay and the giant bags of sand for discount prices, but then you see things like this:  the "no-mess indoor sandbox".


I will not release the source of that information because it makes me sad.  It is a product for adults who don't like sand messes.  The child has to touch the items with gloves on.  I think I've said enough - I probably could have let that photo speak for itself.

Happy weekend!  May it be filled with messes and sand on the floor!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Allie - I'm not sure how long you will be staying in Queens but that's where I live and work so if you have time for coffee and real-life chatting (oh my) let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm new to your blog and I love it. I'm an artsy homeschooling mama and our house is an absolute disaster. :) I'll be checking back again soon. The picture of the boy with the hermetically sealed sand is indeed sad. Thanks for your groovy blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...