Google+ bakers and astronauts: Pop-Up Adventure Playgrounds

09 August 2011

Pop-Up Adventure Playgrounds

I think I just spent the past 5 minutes staring at the computer screen with my mouth open, amazed that I was looking at something that I think I have had inside of my head for a year.  Pop-up play.  Totally brilliant.


The term "Pop-Up Adventure Playground" is a term that is free for anyone to use, as long as they are working within the principles and beliefs of the meaning.  the idea is to remove barriers to child-led free play, inspired by the principles of playwork in the UK.

I read about this via let the children play - always a great source for information.  Her post will give more information about similar initiatives in the UK and Australia.

I'm buzzing with ideas about how this can work where I am.  Have you ever seen anything like this?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love Allie - I'm inspired by it all as well. So much potential for imaginative and creative play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a great inspiration for me, too. Check out my Costa Rican version http://blog.bellellieducacion.com/2011/06/ii-pop-up-adventure-playground-costa.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...