Google+ bakers and astronauts: Holistic Education

01 May 2011

Holistic Education

I've spent some time today on the Summa Institute website.  The idea of "Natural Learning Relationships" is new to me (like Place-Based Education), but both make me think about the core values that I have as a teacher.  Label or no label, we have to be able to articulate our ideas about children and education, and the more we learn, the more our practice can benefit.

There are some conferences coming up this summer that I'm hoping to attend - to hear people speak about new ideas.  The founders of the Summa Institute are speaking at the Northwest Holistic Education Conference on Orcas Island. 

What do you think of "holistic education"?  Is it new to you?  Is there a reason to label it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...