Google+ bakers and astronauts: Two weeks in

12 September 2010

Two weeks in

We are already about two weeks into the school year, and I have only made one post here about our work so far.  I have been trying to be more organized in the classroom, and trying to work in a way that allows me to spend most of my time on documentation and scaffolding children's inquiry.  We are not into child-centered inquiry too much yet, but our focus on community is beginning, and the children are settled enough that we can begin some conversations and representations this week.

There are a few things on my mind this week that I hope to use this space to work through.  They include documentation, the classroom environment, and the multi-age aspect of the classroom (which I am beginning to think of as "family style" - it best reflects what it represents, in my opinion).  Those are big focus areas for me this year.

So bear with me as a ramble and babble this week and possibly all year.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. I look forward to taking that journey with you as a blog reader. Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...