Google+ bakers and astronauts: New Zealand Sea Foam

24 May 2010

New Zealand Sea Foam

This seems like a wonderful day, I think. I often get out to the forest with children, but the ocean is a wild space, too.  There isn't exactly one at our disposal, though.



Does anyone know of an outdoor school that uses a beach environment as the classroom? I feel like I am always hearing about forest schools, but not ocean schools. I may have to rework my life plan with that thought.

[video via tiny happy ]

3 comments:

  1. another great idea, allie! you could inspire the next generation of marine biologists and oceanographers :) and there is plenty of plant life to study near the coast as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure...but I know Vashon Island just outside of Seattle, has a forest school now....and I would wager they do a lot of work with the ocean....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would as well. I'm interested in seeing their program next time I am in the northwest. I wonder how much time they have with water as well - I imagine it is quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...