Google+ bakers and astronauts

09 September 2009




I'm thinking about Bank Street painting. The librarian just lent me his personal copy of Experience and Art: Teaching Children to Paint by Nancy R. Smith, and I found the ideas really interesting.

The idea of children using palettes and mixing has always appealed to me, and this is one way of doing it. We also changed things up a bit, and instead of painting at the easel, we painted on giant paper on the table. Everyone made a painting today, and they really concentrated on lines and shapes, as well as the feel of their movements. Pretty interesting stuff.

I find it a little to structured for my everyday tastes, but there are some nice ideas embedded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...