Google+ bakers and astronauts: New School Year's Resolutions

19 August 2009

New School Year's Resolutions

I am so glad to be in my classroom, getting ready for the start of the school year! I have a class list, and the children begin next Wednesday.

Getting back into my school routine includes reading -- and I've spent some time looking at blogs this week. I'm enjoying my regular favorites and discovering some wonderful new ones! I hope more and more early childhood educators document their teaching by sharing with a blog. There really seems to be a growing online community of educators ready and willing to share, contribute, and collaborate.

That said, I was thinking about my resolutions for the new school year, and getting them ready to share them here. But since this is a community, I want to know the resolutions of other teachers, too! So how about sharing them together?

Brainstorm and jot and think and wonder and reflect and look forward over the course of the next week. Then, next Friday, share your new school year's resolutions -- either in the comments here, or on your own blog. If you are directing a staff, perhaps you want to encourage them to do this, too. And a resolution can really be anything you dream up - from keeping the markers fresher to taking a workshop to cooking more with your students.

Let me know what you think today, and get ready for next Friday! I hope you participate.

4 comments:

  1. i just want to tel you that i look forward to reading your blog posts...i am a preschool teacher and I put a few things about my teaching days in my blog...and I enjoy reading everyone else's thoughts and ideas...I do hope more teachers collaborate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will brainstorm and get back to you with a thorough answer, but for now I just wanted to say thank you for keeping such a wonderful blog and sharing all your great ideas! I'm going to be starting my first year teaching pre-k in 2 weeks, and I've been reading your blog all summer getting ideas and working them into my curriculum. You are a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be teaching this year, just doing my director job, so I have been thinking about goals a lot and wondering how I stay connected to the children and learning when I am not in the room every day. I want to do more writing about kids and learning so maybe that should be my number one goal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...