Google+ bakers and astronauts: Natural Play Dough

13 May 2009

Natural Play Dough


It's all the rage. I found this recipe over on this blog and it's just perfect. Scenting the play dough is so nice -- the children recognized the lemon smell of my first batch immediately. (I used lemon zest...so there were a few little pieces of lemon skin in there as well.)

The natural coloring is wonderful, too -- I used turmeric for this batch. I was a little scared that is was going to dye our hands yellow temporarily but cooking it does the trick.

And the options are endless! We made chocolate play dough -- the cocoa powder scented and colored it. I'm thinking about going on a walk through the forest and having the children find things that might color our play dough and make it smell great. Grass? Flower petals? Who knows.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...